Monday, June 3, 2013

Welcome Sarah Jayne Carr !!!

Welcome Sarah Jayne Carr! Sarah is an author with Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing, making her one of my fabulous publishing sisters! Woot Woot! Sarah currently has two books out, pRevealing Hamilton,
Revealing Hamilton:  

  and coming June 14 Embracing Hamilton:
Here's where to order: 

Now, let’s put Sarah in the hot seat and get her to answer all of our questions, shall we? Great!
Why don’t we start with you telling us a little bit about yourself, Sarah? 
Well, I’m 33. I live in Washington State. By day, I work in medical billing and I’m a novelist by night. It kind of sounds superhero-esque, but I assure you that I don’t change my clothes in a phone booth, nor do I wear a cape. ;)
I’ve been scribbling stories since I was a child, but didn’t start pursuing the idea of having any of my books published until I was in my twenties. Last September, the owner of Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing took in Amelia, giving her and the JackRabbit7 gang a new home. For that, I will be forever grateful. 
That is so cool!
So you have two books out and your third is about to be released, can you tell us a little about the inspiration behind the JackRabbit7 series? 
One day, I was perusing a bookstore and I wasn’t sure what I wanted to read. After a LOT of wandering, I realized I needed to write the story I wanted to read. Thus, the JackRabbit7 series was born. These characters have been living inside my head since 2005! pRevealing Hamilton is a short-story prequel about what happens before the first full-length novel, Revealing Hamilton. Embracing Hamilton is the second full-length novel in the series and it’s due out on June 14th, 2013.
Awesome!
And what is going to be in store for Amelia in book 3, Embracing Hamilton?
Here’s the blurb for Embracing Hamilton:
 In book two, Amelia Hamilton's life is becoming more complicated by the minute. Still mourning multiple deaths, she struggles to accept severed relationships and embrace the present. During this difficult period, she is faced with a dilemma. Should she accept a position within the IA or blend back into her old existence and pretend the past few months never happened? 

The truth regarding a flu pandemic pushes her over the edge, sending Amelia on a whirlwind trip to Nevada where she’ll face Levi Hewitt, the leader of the IA.
 The Physician Coalition is preparing to release a deadly disease to the population if Amelia doesn't act fast. Unbeknownst to them, people will be pressured to endure the radical and potentially deadly side effects of JackRabbit7. To make matters worse, a child tied to Amelia's past is a target and he’s in danger.

When death warrants and Project 1931 enter the equation, Amelia finds herself enduring an internal struggle. Should she end her own life, hoping to destroy her grandfather or continue to live, knowing she will have to chase Marius and risk the others he intends to harm for the rest of her life?
I can’t wait to read it!

I know Amelia is the main character, but who is your favorite character to write and why?
My favorite character to write is Nick Pascall. He’s my resident “bad boy” within the series, at least in the beginning. Nick has a very dark and shady past; he was very difficult to become acquainted with and it took a LOT of prying to get him to talk to me. To this day, he surprises me with some of the secrets he shares. To boot, in my imagination he looks like Adam Levine! Need I say more? ;)
Oh isn't he just Yum?!!?!

Now we come to the tough questions that everyone is dying to know the answers to… Who is your favorite author and why?
I love Laurell K Hamilton. A lot of people ask me if the “Hamilton” in my titles has anything to do with her. Nope! It’s merely a coincidence. In the beginning, she had a difficult time becoming published because her genre of her Anita Blake series was such a mix. A  publisher would tell her she was “x” genre. She would submit to “x”. Then “x” publisher told her she should submit to “y” genre. She would submit to “y” genre. “Y” publisher would tell her she should submit to “z” genre. She would submit to “z”. “Z” genre would tell her she needed to submit to “x” genre. She didn’t give up though. One of the elements of LKH I love was her perseverance. Plus, she writes a badass vampire hunter. Her stories suck me in and that’s something I strive for; I want to give my readers the same type of escape she provides to me.

Here’s fun fact #267 about Sarah Jayne Carr: First of all, I’m typically not a star struck person. I’ve encountered Laurell K. Hamilton on two occasions. On the first occasion, I had tickets to listen to her speak on the set of a talk show. During one of the commercial breaks, I had the pleasure of meeting her, face-to-face. I walked up to her and shook her hand. I planned to say something absolutely brilliant! Witty! Humorous!  What really happened? I said, “I love you.” No “Hi.” No “I admire your work.” No “You’re my favorite author.” Instead, I broke out the L-word. To make matters worse, the ENTIRE studio audience said a heartfelt, “Awwwwww.” FAIL.
Oh I am a huge LKH fan too! Great choice!

Do you have a favorite book series or TV show or both?
It’s not a series, but my favorite book is The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse. It’s a murder mystery about nursery rhyme characters. It’s entertaining from cover-to-cover. Did I also mention that I love the Soul Mate series by Elizabeth A. Lance? That author writes an awesome story! ;) Currently, my favorite TV show is True Blood. I love plot twists and Charlaine Harris has provided a handful that I didn’t anticipate along the way with her Sookie Stackhouse series. Plus, I love Alexander Skarsgård. ;) 




Oh me too! He is divine! 
Do you like sprinkles on your ice cream? If not, what the heck do you put on yours??? :P 
I’m not a fan of sprinkles. To me, they don’t taste like anything. My son is terrified of them so we don't keep any on hand at the house. I’m a whip cream girl and hot fudge kind of girl. Yum! ;)
Oh yum!
Do you like to write in the morning or at night?
I don’t have a “preferred” writing time. It depends on what my day dictates as to when I can write. I work a full-time day job in medical billing so most of my writing is done at night after the kiddo is in bed. I do manage to squeeze in writing on my lunch and during my breaks. The hamster inside my head runs all day and night. Poor guy. I should really give him a carrot or a cookie. 


Are you a dog, a cat or a horse person? :P
Right now, I’m a no animal person, lol. Don’t get me wrong; I adore animals. I love cats and I love dogs, as long as they belong to someone else, lol. My schedule is so chaotic, I don’t have time to take care of any pets. We have a couple of wild bunnies that traipse through our yard. Oh! And there’s a rogue pheasant that tends to squawk on our lawn. Those are “pet” enough for me. ;)

Who is your favorite action hero?
I’m going to have to go with Brandon Lee in The Crow. I could watch that movie on repeat for days! Plus, he’s easy on the eyes. ;) He’s my vision of Donovan Davis in my JackRabbit7 series. ;)


What is your favorite guilty pleasure? 
Hot tea. I have an entire cupboard devoted to jars of loose tea from Teavana and Adagio. It’s become an obsession. I even have teas for sale on the Adagio website that are all modeled after JackRabbit7 characters.
http://www.adagio.com/search/index.html?query=sarah+carr&SID=7edb246a8926cc97672e31b285845f50

What is your favorite genre to read? 
I love a little bit of everything so it’s really hard to choose. If it’s written well and can pull me in, I’m game. Right now, I’m catching up on some stories from the fabulous authors at Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing, Hot Ink Press, and Vamptasy. I will say that I hate predictability. The more plot twists, the better! 


If you crash landed on a distant planet, what planet would it be and what would you hope you had with you? :D 

This is an awesome question! Let’s go with Saturn. It has 18 moons and I love to look at a night sky. Of course, I’d want my husband and kiddo there. And it goes without saying that I’d need a laptop and a power supply so I could write. Oh! And music. I NEED music. But, if I’m going for fantasy’s sake? Adam Levine. ;) 













Where can we stalk… er..ehem… I mean interact with you, Sarah? :D
Bring on the stalking! 
www.Sarahjcarr.com
http://www.goodreads.com/SarahJCarr

Is there anything else you would like to share? :D I’d like to thank you for hosting me on your website today! Embracing Hamilton is my current “baby” and I hope everyone enjoys the next installment of Amelia’s dysfunctional adventures! I can’t wait to hear what everyone thinks of it! 

Well Sarah, thank you so much for sharing with us today! I am so looking forward to reading Embracing Hamilton! Good luck and happy writing! <3 nbsp="">

Here are my reviews on 
PRevealing Hamilton: 

5.0 out of 5 stars That was an awesome read!!!May 22, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: pRevealing Hamilton: A JackRabbit 7 Prequel (Revealing Hamilton Prequel) (Kindle Edition)
This was a real short introduction to the characters of JackRabbit 7, and I am hooked! I am so excited to read this series! In this prequel, we meet Amelia and her best friends and we get a little taste of the horrors that await her in Revealing Hamilton, which I can't wait to start reading! So glad I've already got it loaded on the Kindle! If you haven't had the chance to read this one yet, get it now! I know she has a new one in the series coming soon!!!




And on Revealing Hamilton: 


5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling!May 27, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Revealing Hamilton (JackRabbit7 Series) (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book and I can't wait to read Embracing Hamilton when it comes out! Amelia is an awesome heroine with so many things working against her, every little bit of hard fought happiness is countered with adversity. I find myself anxiously awaiting the next catastrophe that will befall her! I adore Nick, and hope he survives to have a relationship with her! As for the others in her life... well let's just say I'm feeling vindictive on Amelia`s behalf! Loved every second of this captivating story! A definite must read!!!

No comments: