Friday, July 19, 2013

Welcome Back Carmilla! So glad you came back to visit!

Please help me welcome back Carmilla to my blog! Hi Carmilla! Thanks so much for joining me today! I understand you have a new book out?


Thank you, Elizabeth. The new book is a sumptuous anthology, full to the brim with short stories, poems and graphic art from 21 of the most talented indie horror writers and artists. It’s very exciting. I chose, from hundreds of submissions, my 23 favourites and added three tales of my own. The theme of the anthology is psychological horror. Some of the stories can be painful to read and others are terrifying. Together they take the reader on an emotional, but worthwhile, journey. The collection is called “Broken Mirrors, Fractured Minds” and will be released on the 2nd of August.



Is this part of a series? Tell me about that.

It isn’t, however, “Black Sun”, the final book in my critically acclaimed Starblood Trilogy is being released a month later, on Friday 13th September. The series of books is about a group of gothic characters and deals with issues such as female rage.



Do you have any events coming up?

There will be Facebook based release parties for both books. Details will be posted on the Vamptasy Publishing FB page and my own page, which can be found at - https://www.facebook.com/Author.Carmilla.Voiez

What can we look forward to reading from you in the future? Do you have more series planned? Any new projects?

I am currently working on two new projects, well three almost, I’ll explain. I’m writing a tale based on a Scottish legend about the selkie, or seal women (similar to mermaids, I guess). I am writing two versions, a relatively “clean” version for a YA audience and a sexed up version for the erotica loving reader. The tale is a love story and also deals with a loss of self in an intense romantic relationship. All of my stories seem to have psychological themes.
I am also writing a novel about a self-loathing vampire who becomes obsessed with a woman who has no interest in him romantically, but they each learn from each other and are richer for their friendship. It sounds like a sweet story, and I suppose it is, but it is also a horror novel at heart.
I don’t have any idea of release dates for any of these 2/3 at the moment.

Do you have any advice for new writers?
Enjoy writing. Let your first draft flow freely from your imagination. Leave editing until after you have purged yourself of the story, but then edit a lot. Edit on the screen, read it out and edit again, print it out and edit again, send it to beta readers for feedback and edit AGAIN.

When you aren’t writing, what do you do for fun?

Reading, of course. I also have a passion for music, listening to rather than performing. I enjoy dancing, again for fun. I have two daughters and we spend a lot of time together walking through woodlands or building sandcastles. We live in a beautiful town. Oh and I am obsessed with Facebook.

What is a typical day like for you?

Wake up, check Facebook while smoking a cigarette and drinking coffee. Wake the kids up and get them ready for school. Check Facebook and do some promoting of my books and/or fellow authors’ books and often music events. Smoke another cigarette and drink more coffee. Write or edit, whichever project I am working on that day. It could be my short story, my novel, an anthology, or a film review or even a new blog post. Eat lunch. Check Facebook, smoke and drink tea. Write or edit more. Pick up kids from school. Help with homework and run around trying to clean and tidy the entire house in thirty minutes, always a failure but I still try. Cook dinner, feed the kids, check Facebook, smoke and drink tea. Play with the kids or watch something rubbish with them. Get youngest one to bed and read her a story. Say goodnight to oldest one. Collapse in heap.















Where can we find you? (Links for your pages)

Where can we buy your books (Amazon and Goodreads and any other links :D)





No comments: